Relive a classic era of aviation history with the LEGO Creator Sopwith Camel (10226). Recreate your very own piece of aviation history with the historic Sopwith Camel. This detailed replica of one of the most recognizable British single-seat biplanes ever to have graced the skies.
The LEGO Creator Sopwith Camel (10226) features:
- A rotating propeller and engine cylinders, hinged tail rudder, functioning wing ailerons and tail flaps that can be controlled from the cockpit
- Includes rare dark green, dark tan and metallic silver elements
- Recreate a piece of aviation history!
- Turn the propellers and see the cylinders rotate!
- Model measures over 15" (40cm) long and has a wingspan of over 19" (50cm)
To be able to understand why LEGO
has been successful for so long, just look to the name. LEGO
originally got its name from founder Ole Kirk Christiansen who combed the Danish words "Leg Got" which means "play well". He later realized that LEGO
in Latin translates to "I put together." The LEGO
set became a standard of creative play for children worldwide, unlocking the creativity to build vehicles, buildings, cities and more. LEGO
currently produces about 20 billion LEGO
bricks a year and has sold over 400 billion LEGOs in their history -- enough for every person on the planet to have over 60 LEGOs each!