Defend the Death Star in the Imperial TIE Interceptor with the LEGO Star Wars TIE Interceptor & Death Star (9676)! At 160 km across, the Death Star is the size of a moon and capable of destroying entire planets! In Star Wars: Episode IV A New Hope, the Imperial TIE Interceptor battles in vain to keep the Rebel Alliance from destroying the Empires greatest weapon.
The LEGO Star Wars TIE Interceptor & Death Star (9676) buildable playset features:
- An accurate model of the Death Star
- A TIE pilot MiniFigure
- A TIE Interceptor mini-model
- A weapon and a display stand with name plaque
- Hang your planet from the ceiling!
- Explore the LEGO Star Wars galaxy while you play!
- Death Star diameter over 3" (9cm)
- TIE Interceptor measures over 2" (7cm) long
To be able to understand why LEGO
has been successful for so long, just look to the name. LEGO
originally got its name from founder Ole Kirk Christiansen who combed the Danish words "Leg Got" which means "play well". He later realized that LEGO
in Latin translates to "I put together." The LEGO
set became a standard of creative play for children worldwide, unlocking the creativity to build vehicles, buildings, cities and more. LEGO
currently produces about 20 billion LEGO
bricks a year and has sold over 400 billion LEGOs in their history -- enough for every person on the planet to have over 60 LEGOs each!