FAO.com eGift Cards
- Purchasing eGift Cards online
- Checking my eGift Card balance
- Redeeming a Gift Card
- PIN Numbers
- Limits on Gift Cards
- Promotional codes and Gift Cards
- Deduction of Gift Card funds
- Keeping my Gift Card
- Lost/stolen/misplaced eGift Cards
- Rules and Regulations
Can I purchase an eGift Card online?
Sure! Simply choose from our large selection of pre-designed eGift Cards at FAO.com.
How do I purchase an eGift Card online?
It's easy! Just follow the steps below...
- Click the eGift Cards option from the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Next, choose the quantity of eGift Cards you'd like to purchase from the drop-down menu under each card image. You can add up to 10 cards per order.
- On the next page, you can customize your eGift Card(s) by selecting a gift card value, filling out the recipient and sender names and adding an optional message.
- You can preview an eGift Card by clicking "Preview." To remove a card, click "Remove" or leave the eGift Card fields blank. Once you click "Continue," the blank card(s) will automatically be removed from your order.
- You can review your eGift Card order on the next page. Click "Add to Bag" to proceed, or click "Go Back" or "Edit this card" to make modifications.
- Once you have completed the checkout process, each eGift Card recipient will receive an email containing the eGift Card(s). In addition, you will receive a confirmation email.
Can I order an eGift Card over the phone?
Of course! You can order eGift Cards online or via phone.
What if I'm having trouble ordering an eGift Card online?
Not a problem! Simply call our Guest Assistance Team at 1.800.426.8697 for further assistance.
How do I check the balance of an eGift Card?
Simply go to the Sign In page here and follow the directions below:
- If you are a returning guest, enter your email address and password.
- If you are a new guest, enter an email address and password.
- Select "Check Gift Card Balance" located under Account Features on the Sign In page.
- Enter your eGift Card number and PIN. Then, click "Check Balance."
- You can also check your eGift Card balance by calling our Guest Assistance Team at 1.800.426.8697. Be sure to call with your eGift Card number and PIN ready.
How can I redeem a Gift Card online?
You can redeem your eGift Card by following these simple steps:
- Select the item(s) you'd like to purchase at FAO.com.
- Next, click "Shopping Bag" and proceed through our standard checkout process.
- There are two locations where you can enter your eGift Card number:
- On the Payment page
- On the Review Your Order page
- Enter your 16-digit card number
- Enter your 4-digit PIN number. For more information about PIN numbers, click here.
- Click "Apply eGift Cards."
- Please note: If the amount of your eGift Card is less than your order total, you will be prompted to select an additional payment method.
NOTE: Unlike a credit card, we deduct the value from your Gift Card right after your order has been submitted. In the event that all or part of your order is cancelled, the value that was deducted will be added back on to your Gift Card. Therefore, please hold on to any Gift Cards used for your order.
FAO.com gladly accepts any FAO Schwarz® Gift Card that has a bar code on the back. In the event you have a card with no barcode, there is no need to worry. You can still redeem these cards at either of our two store locations or at any Toys"R"Us or Babies"R"Us store location within the US and Puerto Rico.
What is a PIN number and where is it located?
A PIN is a personal identification number that is unique to your eGift Card. Your PIN is located below the words "Card Number" on your eGift Card email.
Is there a limit on how many Gift Cards I can use in a single order?
Yes. You can only redeem up to 5 Gift Cards per order.
Can I still use promotional codes if I also use a Gift Card?
Absolutely! If you place an order that can be paid for with a Gift Card, you can also use eligible promotional codes.
At what point will funds be deducted from my Gift Card?
Unlike a credit card, we deduct the value from your Gift Card right after your order has been submitted. In the event that all or part of your order is cancelled, the value that was deducted will be added back on to your Gift Card.
Why do I need to keep my Gift Card?
It's important to keep your Gift Card until your order has arrived — even if it has been fully redeemed. We will return value to the original Gift Card used for your order if:
- You lose or misplace your Gift Card
- Or, all or part of your order gets cancelled
What if my Gift Card is lost, misplaced or stolen?
Not to worry! Simply call our Guest Assistance Team at 1.800.426.8697 for assistance.
Are there any Rules and Regulations regarding Gift Cards that I should know about?
Here are just a few simple Rules and Regulations:
- Gift Cards cannot be redeemed for cash or returned for a refund, except as required by applicable laws in some states.
- A maximum of 5 Gift Cards can be applied to a single order.
- Gift Cards can be applied towards the price, gift wrap, shipping and/or tax charges for eligible items.
- Gift Cards are not available for purchase when using PayPal or PayPal Credit. You must complete our checkout process to purchase FAO.com eGift Cards.
- The purchase of eGift Cards cannot apply towards any FAO.com promotions or promotional events. For example, when you purchase an eGift Card, the amount you spend on the eGift Card would not count toward an offer of free shipping for orders of $99.00 or more.